Here is the recipe, enjoy!
Your shopping list:
- 1 medium cooking pumpkin
- 1 sweet potatoe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion (chopped about 2 cups)
- 1 carrot (peeled and chopped about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 2 granny smith apples
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt
- Chop the pumpkin and sweet potato into pieces with skin on and bake on 400F for about 30 minutes, or until the pumpkin is soft.
- Peel warm pumpkin and potato off the skin and put aside in a bowl
- Meanwhile, heat oil, onion, and carrot in a large heavy bottom pot over love. Cook, stirring frequently, for 20 minutes. Mix in spices and stir for another minute.
- Pour in vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the mashed pumpkin and sweet potato.
- Stir in diced apple, reserving 3/4 cup as a garnish.
- Either transfer the mixture to a blender OR use a hand-blender to puree the soup.
- Lastly, add lemon juice and salt to taste.
Serve hot or room temperature with an apple and green onion/parsley garnish. YUMMY!
More Thanksgiving recipes coming this week...stay tuned. What are your favorite recipes for the holidays?