We had our 6th Annual Friendsgiving two weekends ago and it was a success! It was Matt's first Friendsgiving and it was our first big party in our house. Here are a few pictures from the event. Of course I wish I had taken more pics of the decorations and a family picture...but, that's what happens when you're getting ready for 20+ people, cooking a turkey, and taking care of a 6 month old.
It's definitely harder to get ready for a big party when you have a baby. Here are a few things I've learned over the past few months about hosting with a baby.
1. Use any nap time a few days before to get things ready. Even if it's silly things like getting the vases out of the cupboard.
2. You can never start too early buying decorations and things for the party - last minute running to get things isn't the same with a baby.
3. Write things down...baby brain even at 6 months is a thing.
4. DAY OF... ask Daddy to watch the baby in the morning so you can get things ready and plan accordingly for feedings and naps.
5. Wake up early so you can shower and get ready...feeling dressed and ready for your party always makes it better.
6. Enjoy the time with friends and let the baby be entertained by others :)
I love everything about celebrations—weddings, bridal showers, birthdays, baby showers, and any event that calls for a party! I'm an event planner at heart and I love all the details that come with it. I am a new Mommy to Matthew William, my chubby little love. I enjoy home design, traveling, and cooking. I share my love of travel and adventure with my amazing husband Todd and our puppy Mac.